1515 Market Street in Philadelphia, PA November 16th, 2016 @ 12pm Call Kimberly (484) 386-6100
One of the fundamental services provided by the medical professionals at AdvancedRM is medical legal support. Educating others about what we do is an extension of all of our services. That is why AdvancedRM is proud to announce its next CLE (Continued Legal Education) class, to be held on 11/16 at 1515 Market Street in Philadelphia, PA. The class will be presented by president and founder, Deborah Weiner Katz. A graduate of Temple University’s Occupational Therapy Program, Deborah has been a Rehabilitation Specialist for 35 years. After establishing AdvancedRM in 1990, the company has expanded its service areas to include case management, client advocacy, insurance adjuster support, medical consultation and legal support.
What is Medical Legal Support?
Attorneys should always be aware of an asset like AdvancedRM. One of many examples that can be found on our web site includes the story of Roger B. Roger injured his foot in a car accident but his insurance carrier refused to pay for it, claiming it was not a new injury. The carrier cited a lack of documentation from both the hospital and the treating physician, supporting the claim of it being a new injury. This sort of occurrence is a common catalyst for seeking out medical legal support from AdvancedRM. When the attorney was faced with the sheer legwork involved in gathering records in order to make a case, his only option was to call us. So what is medical legal support?
- Varied knowledge base to evaluate the medical record for merit, causation and liability
- Connection to a wide variety of medical professionals to obtain information quickly & efficiently
- Ability to understand legal issues to match the end product with the status of the case
- Ability to analyze cost benefit quickly to develop strategies
- Strong communication skills and flexible thinking
What Types of Assistance Are Available?
Next, we shall break down medical legal support into a list of services. These services, which we provide, will be explored in greater detail during the course.
- Case/Care Management
- Life Care Plans
- Cost Projections
- One Shot Case Evaluations
- Medical File Reviews
- Peer Reviews
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Guardianship Support
- Elder Care Support
- Expert Witness
What Are The Advantages of Using Medical Legal Support Services?
Last but not least, there are general advantages that stem from relying on medical legal support services:
- Medical expertise
- Knowledge of resources
- Assist with case analysis & development
- Allow attorney to streamline expenses on case
- Uncover options for obtaining records & information
- Positive impact on client satisfaction
We invite all attorneys to attend this valuable session. You will receive 1 hour substantive credit for your attendance. The session itself is no charge, but you will need to pay $1.50 attendance fee payment when you submit your paperwork to the CLE Board. A Credit Request Form will be available to you at the end of the session.
We hope to see you there!